Why Invest in Outdoor Landscape LED Lighting?
In recent years, there has been a shift from using traditional incandescent light bulbs to LED lights. Outdoor landscape LED Lighting is more efficient and have many benefits over old-fashioned bulbs. They last longer, use less energy, emit less heat and cost less in the long run. The upfront investment is greater than for traditional lights but it is well worth the money when you consider all of these factors!
Here’s a breakdown of some of the benefits:
– Much longer life span. LEDs last ten times as long as traditional bulbs and can even be found in fixtures that claim to last for over 40,000 hours (that’s about 25 years if you use them for eight hours a day!)
– Significantly less heat. The energy to run an LED light doesn’t come from the filament-like with traditional lights; instead, it comes from an electrical current passed through a semiconductor material. This means that LEDs emit 90% less heat than comparable incandescent or halogen bulbs and they also don’t contain mercury like compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs do so they aren’t hazardous when disposed of properly.
– Outstanding color quality. LED lights give off almost no infrared radiation, instead of emitting an almost perfect spectrum of visible light which is why the colors are so vivid!
– Superior efficiency. LEDs use less energy to produce the same amount of light as other bulbs. They convert up to 80% of their energy into light rather than heat like traditional incandescent lights do which means that they help save on your cooling costs in the summer months.
– Longer shelf life. LEDs can last for over 10,000 hours but they are still covered under the same warranty as all of our lights which is five years.
– High upfront costs. LED lights are more expensive than traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs because they are manufactured with better components but this means that they are less likely to fail due to defective parts. This is especially important when you consider that LEDs also use a different kind of technology!
A great choice for environmentally conscious homeowners who want to reduce their energy consumption, invest in long-lasting fixtures, and reduce the number of times they have to change out their light bulbs!
The benefits of LEDs over other types of bulbs
The benefits of LEDs over other types of bulbs can be seen in their ability to emit less heat, convert more energy to light, and last much longer. These are just a few of the advantages that an LED light has over other options.
LED lights are also environmentally advantageous by emitting less IR radiation into the atmosphere which has been proven to have detrimental effects on global warming. LEDs are also recyclable, making them eco-friendly even before you consider all of the factors.
An LED light is a type of lighting fixture that has an inorganic semiconductor material that gives off bright, vivid illumination. LED stands for “light-emitting diode” and this technology was used to create these types of lights. A typical LED light contains three layers: the substrate; the n-type; and p-type layers. These are electrically conductive materials that emit electrons when they receive current passed through them, giving off photons (light).
The most common misconception about LEDs is that people think they can’t be used outdoors because they’ll get wet or damaged by moisture but this isn’t true since most modern fixtures are resistant to corrosion by water!